Monday, April 6, 2009

His First Blood Donation in Australia~

Few days ago, we received an email from HR calling for CA blood donors to support the blood donation campaign by the Red Cross Blood Bank~

Without hesitation, me and beng decided to join the call. Unfortunely, after further enquiries, I was told that I am not qualified as a donor as my weight doesn't reach the minimum requirement of 45kg. Too bad!!! Sigh...as I am having a petite body frame, my weight could hardly reach 45kg or else I would look like a chubby bunny! Guess I would just have to choose between the two, of being qualified for blood donation, or of being slim and fit in my body frame~ But obviously as for now, I could just accept the fact that I am not able to join beng in this blood donation campaign~

Anyhow, I am happy and proud of beng for being able to play his part in this good deed, as quoted from our HR -- "Giving blood is easy and with every blood donation helping to save three lives, you can give a special gift to those in need of blood or blood products."

So, there he goes, giving out his first time of blood donation in Australia~ I accompanied him to the Red Cross mobile unit to show my support on his good act~

beng filling up the Enrolment Form~

Wish more and more people would be filling up this form from today onwards... Come join us if you haven't~

This is how the mobile unit looks like, a red giant truck~


yea.. Do something special, give blood.

beng before entering the unit, all cheerful and healthy~

beng after the donation, still as cheerful and healthy~ See? blood donation just isn't that scary!


Bravo beng~

2 comments:

Mummy Chee said...

Bravo Beng and Boey,

That's my boy and gal in Australia. Malaysians and Australians will be proud of you both.....Keep up the good work. Mummy and Daddy are proud of you both.

buoy said...

Thanks mummy...but me didn't get to donate pun...not qualified neh..

hope I did made you all proud too despite this fact la noh? hahaha ^.^